2019 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
Outfitted with a diesel engine, the 2019 RAM 2500 boasts the highest towing capacity in the 250/2500 pickup vehicle class. So exactly how much can a RAM 2500 tow? 19,780 pounds. That’s right— the RAM 2500 has a maximum 19,780-pound towing capacity. Whether you’re looking for high-performance on the worksite or the weekend, the robust 2019 RAM 2500 provides the muscle, control, and style you need from a hardworking pickup truck in Jeffersonville. Read on to discover more about what makes for the impressive RAM 2500 towing capacity.
2019 RAM 2500 Engine
The horsepower, torque, towing capacity, and payload vary whether you choose the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine or the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine. Either way, there’s no denying that whatever configuration of the RAM 2500 you opt for across six trims and two engine choices, you’re going to get serious power on the roads from Louisville, KY to New Albany and beyond. See how the engine specs differ below:
6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine
- 410 hp
- 429 lb-ft of torque
- 17,580-pound towing capacity
- 4,050-pound maximum payload
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 Engine
- 370 hp
- 850 lb-ft of torque
- 19,870-pound towing capacity
- 3,260-pound maximum payload
RAM 2500 Performance Features
Sure— a turbo diesel engine can provide powerful towing strength, but a few other performance features also help the RAM 2500 rank best in class when it comes to towing capacity. In addition to the powerhouse engine options, the following performance features further empower the RAM 2500 towing capacity.
WARN ZEON-12 Winch
- Exclusive within the 250/2500 pickup class, the WARN® ZEON 12-winch is all-new for 2019, made with a synthetic line that won’t fray and a 12,000-pound rating. This is the only factory-installed winch on a heavy-duty truck, making the RAM 2500 even more capable.
Rear Auto-Level Air Suspension
- Also, Class-Exclusive, balance your heaviest workloads with the air suspension feature that automatically adjusts to shifts in your load, road chamber, and provides a parallel hitch between your truck and its trailer. When your towing a load up to 19,780-pounds, this feature is very valuable.
Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package
- For a factory-installed rear-axle structural cross member with integrated mounting hardware, you can opt for the Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Package to help you get where you’re going— with all you’re hauling— with more ease than ever before.
Test Drive a RAM 2500 Today
If you’re ready to get behind the wheel of the industrious RAM 2500 and experience the power for yourself, contact the team here at Bachman Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram today. Our RAM experts are happy to help you explore the range of RAM 2500 towing capacities based on the trim and engine that fits your needs best. Stop in today with any other questions or to begin the financing process.
Learn More at Bachman Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Outfitted with a diesel engine, the 2019 RAM 2500 boasts the highest towing capacity in the 250/2500 pickup vehicle class. So exactly how much can a RAM 2500 tow? 19,780 pounds. That’s right— the RAM 2500 has a maximum 19,780-pound towing capacity. Whether you’re looking for high-performance on the worksite or the weekend, the robust…
Why do critics and Louisville, KY area drivers love the 2019 Jeep Cherokee? Among U.S. News and World Report’s list of compact SUVs, the new Jeep Cherokee for sale comes in a number of different trim levels, whether it’s a Jeep Cherokee 4×4 or FWD. Find out why so many drivers are talking about this year’s…
At Bachman Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we offer a wide range of Jeep Wrangler accessories that help take this tough SUV to the next level. From roof-top cargo carriers to bespoke performance equipment, there are dozens of accessories for the Wrangler that you can choose from. Find out how you can customize your new Wrangler at Bachman Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram near Louisville, KY….